« Home | Previous Post: Picking Blueberries » | Previous Post: Memorial Day » | Previous Post: You Say; God Says » | Previous Post: Becoming My Mother » | Previous Post: Praying for Rescue » | Previous Post: Love Gifts » | Previous Post: Not Home for Easter » | Previous Post: Because of His Love » | Previous Post: Being Thirsty » | Previous Post: Love Hurts »



Prayer Requests

Thursday, June 22, 2006

Remember the old camp song "It's me, it's me, it's me, oh, Lord, standin' in the need of prayer"? Well, that's why I'm writing today. There are a few things on my heart and a few stresses in my life that I would like to bring before all you prayer warriors.

1. Our minister of music/youth resigned last week placing our church in a time of transition which is always stressful. (My husband is the pastor.) The role of music minister has fallen to me as there really isn't any one else at the moment. This means I am now a Sunday School teacher, GA teacher, the part-time church secretary, and now the acting music director. Since I have a daughter in the youth I'm sure I'll be helping in that area also. Please pray for me to have wisdom and discernment in every decision and action. Pray for strength to do what I need to do. I'm not a great multi-tasker (My husband and children would say that's putting it mildly.) and am a bit stressed, especially considering....



2. Vacation Bible School is next week. My 15 year-old daughter and I are doing the music. It is also the week the monthly newsletter goes out. Please pray for my stress level, our VBS, and for our church to be united as we seek God's direction for it.


3. My Sunday School class is basically the young married's of which there are four couples enrolled. The potential (that I can see and not counting what God knows and sees) is 16 - 18 couples that aren't in Sunday School anywhere that I'm aware of of! That's a lot of young families that need to be studying the Word and raising their children in church. (I counted approximately 26 children among them.) I have a real burden for them and other families in our community which are under tremendous attack from Satan. Please help me pray that God will place a tremendous hungering and thirsting for righteousness in each heart so that they will seek after the Lord.


4. Last summer a mission team from Maryland came to help with Operation Love Thy Neighbor which was a tri-church, multi-racial community outreach. One member of that team, teenager Valerie Lopez-Robinson, has been diagnosed with Grade 4 Glioblastoma Multiforme - a form of cancer. The latest update is that she is not doing well. Her doctors have told her mother to contact the Make-a-Wish foundation to see if they can move up the date of her "wish" which is a cruise to Hawaii. Please say a prayer for her and her family. You can read more about Valerie and her condition by clicking here.

I thank God for the privilege of prayer and that we can intercede on each other's behalf. Thank you in advance.

In Him,
Drewe Llyn

Posted by Drewe Llyn, Girlfriend's Mentor at 1:11 PM

  1. Blogger Tammy, Girlfriend's Mentor posted on October 23, 2006    

    Drewe Llyn - I had a few extra minutes this afternoon and started reading through some of your blogs; something I've intended to do for quite sometime because I am always so inspired, so touched by your responses to prayer requests. Having 2 teenage daughters of my own, I was naturally drawn to Valerie's story and went to her blogspot. After reading her mother's account of reaching the diagnosis, I was brokenhearted to read the next line giving details of her arrangements. On the other hand, that exemplifies the beauty of God. It is no coincidence that Valerie's wake is the same day I had written on my heart's desire to read your writings. A woman on the other side of the country with no ties to this family has been given the awesome privilege to pray for them. And as amazing as the timing is to me - God already knew. Not only did He know the outcome for Valerie; He knew this moment, this very instant would take place and we would be given the opportunity to stand in awe of His perfect timing. I will be praying for this family diligently as they begin a life different from the one they've known. Thank you for being the portal that has allowed me to share this experience.

Post a Comment

« Home